Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ham-Bone

To you I am a dancing fool,
Without a care in the world:
In our own sweet way,
We drifed into each other's arms.

Like playmates in the summer sun,
We seem to find the magic shade:
And even in the night we are young,
Savoring all the stars like lovers do.

You said that I came to you,
In a dream to calm your waiting heart:
But I was looking for you all along,
Floating through an unkind world,
Looking for a place to land.

Or maybe,
By some strange twist of fate:
Nature found a way,
To help us laugh again.

And now I'm beginning to see,
That scars upon the heart can heal:
That my once solemn soul can mend,
By letting go in your embrace.

This is why I hold you close,
And why I kiss you so softly:
Because we are in many ways,
A gentle mystery to unfold.

So travel if you will,
With me to see the northern lights:
Or any other place would do,
As long as I can hold your hand,
And share this world with you.








No comments:

Post a Comment